Summer Storms

It’s hot here.  Like still triple digits in mid-September hot.

But occasionally we’re blessed with an amazing 85 degree, torrential rain.  They’re the best.  Arizona can put on a flash flood like no other.

Arizona-rain

We’ve lived here for 4 1/2 years now, but the rain is still exciting enough that we stop mid dinner to run out to enjoy it.

IMG_1529ss

As I’m looking through the pictures I took, I’m realizing that Charlotte is the only one without a broken umbrella.  I’m sure that won’t last long.  I hope we’re not the only ghetto ones who only own broken ones…  :)

IMG_1534s

6 Responses to Summer Storms

1. Kerri 09/18/13 at 6:15 am #

Ha! If it makes you feel any better, we ONLY have broken umbrellas at our house too! The kids have way too much fun with those things! Cute, cute pics! Love you guys!

2. Kimberly 09/18/13 at 4:05 pm #

I grew up in the desert in California and I LOVE the summer storms that make the air steamy because it’s so hot on the ground! Thank goodness you got a little relief from that heat!

3. J 09/18/13 at 11:42 pm #

I totally agree! The rains this last month were such a relief to have. I was really sad to read about Colorado though. Such devastation, when here it’s such a blessing.

4. Vito 09/20/13 at 12:12 am #

The indoor attractions of London are the very best when the weather turns bad.
    Towels and beds are created before you enter your getaway apartment.
    London offers all forms of hotels for the discerning travelers.

5. delia 09/21/13 at 10:22 pm #

I grew up in Arizona and those rainstorms still never get old! I miss how they smell. If I could bottle that…Also, we always have at least broken umbrella. I think three of four of ours are broken actually. Why buy new ones if they just get broken a week later! Oh and congrats on your baby boy!

6. Rosland review 09/24/13 at 5:21 pm #

They see it as an investment, you could become an investor in gold!
    This type of gold has touched new peaks, an investor entering
    the collar position might sleep well knowing it is not a
    god. If you have been following any of my book summaries then you know I am a big fan of
    precious metals like gold, silver, palladium, platinum etc.
    Silver matches gold in the US rosland capital as well as an investment.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes